Clan Hall Badge
Clan Hall is a clan of Norman descent. Scottish history indicates that the name "Hall", is a Norman surname. The name Hall, was found in Lincolnshire, England where they were granted lands after the Norman Conquest in 1066. Upon entering England, the Halls were actually members of the Fitz William family, they being settled in Greatford Hall in Lincolnshire, and being directly descended from Wentworth, Earl FitzWilliam. The younger son of this noble house, Arthur FitzWilliam, was called 'Hall', to distinguish him from his senior brother. Arthur Hall would be the first on record about the year 1090. The line continued in Lincolnshire, and intermarried with the Crispins, and the Earls of Chester. In Cheshire England, the Halls were a cadet branch of the Kingsley Halls of that county. By 1340, the name had moved northward at the invitation of Earl David of Huntingdon, later to become King David II of Scotland. In Scotland, they were granted lands in Berwickshire, specifically the lands of Glenryg in the barony of Lesmahagow.
Each item begins as a piece of bronze sheet metal. After a pattern is transferred to the metal, the piece is etched in a salt-water solution. Each piece is hand cut, sanded, and polished. The pin back is soldered on. A patina has been applied giving the metal that aged look. A clear polymer coating is applied to the face of the badge.