top of page

The clan originated from the town of Anstruther, which was adopted as a familial name. The name is Gaelic in origin meaning the little stream. Sir James Anstruther was chosen as a companion to the young James VI of Scotland, who appointed him Hereditary Grand Carver, a title still held by the head of the family today.

The Chief of Clan Anstruther is Tobias Alexander Campbell Anstruther of that Ilk and of Balcaskie, younger son of Sir Ian Anstruther. The clan chief's seat remains at Balcaskie in Fife which was probably built in around 1670 by Sir William Bruce. Airdrie House and Newark Castle in Fife also belong to the Anstruthers

Clan Anstruther Badge

SKU: SC0011
$40.00Price
Excluding Sales Tax

  • Each item begins as a piece of bronze sheet metal.  After a pattern is transferred to the metal, the piece is etched in a salt-water solution.  Each piece is hand cut, sanded, and polished. The pin back is soldered on. A patina has been applied giving the metal that aged look. A clear polymer coating is applied to the face of the badge.

bottom of page